In order to keep myself on track with my New Year’s Resolutions, I thought I’d check in at the end of every month to see how my progress is going. I was hoping that I could say I’d finished my January organizational project. But no. Snopocalypse (or Snowmageddeon) got in the way this last week and now, wouldn’t you know it, I’ve got one of those epic colds. Not the kind you can still go to work with. The kind you lay on the couch dying because you’re so cold that your skin hurts but you’re running a fever so you can’t actually get warm. It has not been a fun three days. However, I’m feeling a little bit better today and hope to at least get the laundry put away. That’s the most pressing thing on my to-do list.
Here’s the progress I DID make in January:
- I lost at least 7 lbs (my final weigh in was cancelled by the snow)
- I made great headway in organizing my bedroom and I have a plan to finish it
- I’ve been spending more time with people who make me happy and who bring out the best in me and working to let go of some of the negative I’ve been holding on to
- I read 1 1/2 self help books–> The Tao of Martha (it’s not technically a self help book but it did inspire me to make some changes so I’m counting it) and I’m halfway through Say Goodbye to Survival Mode. It’s one of the best books I’ve ever read and I can’t wait to share it with you once I’m finished.
- I took some major steps to get more organized based on what I read in SGTSM. I decided to make a planner for myself instead of using the one I bought. I can’t wait to share it once I’ve actually put it together but let me tell you, I am SO EXCITED about it.
I’m hoping that February will be a more productive month in terms of my goals. Hopefully I’ll get over this cold soon and can start running again. My organizational goal for this month is either our dining room/kitchen or the hallway closets. We’ll have to see once I finish my bedroom.
Here’s to a happier, more productive and authentic 2014!